Saturday, August 28, 2010

The Fashion of the Times: Hot Pants

Back when I was a mere child back in the 70s, I wanted a pair of hot pants or as we call them in present day: booty shorts. I would look in the glamour magazines of the day and fantasize myself as a grown woman wearing a pair of cute hot pants with a pair of white shiny patent leather boots. So fine! My fantasy would be fueled by the fact that at about that time, the neighbor girl Saundra, who was tall and about 18 or 19, would be strolling down the street wearing a pair of beautiful green hot pants. Those shorts were calling my name.

One day I asked my mother if she would buy me some of those shorts Saundra had on and she said, "No you're too young to wear those kind of shorts." I was like, what? I had no idea what she meant until she bought home some green shorts that I swear came down to my knees! Thinking back, they probably didn't actually come down that far. But no matter how long they were, I would roll them up as high as I could when I left the house. So there I was with my rolled up 'hot' pants. Pitiful! I'm sure I looked a hot mess or a cool fool.

No comments: