Friday, August 13, 2010

Friday the 13th

Did you survive this superstitious day?

I don't necessarily pay alot of attention to superstitions. I didn't even realize it was Friday the 13th until not too long ago or I would of made this post earlier. I really don't care about the superstition of walking under ladders but I will try to avoid doing that cause it's kinda weird to walk under a ladder. So I don't do it. Splitting poles when I'm walking with someone -- I consciencely try not to do that one but if I do I don't freak over it.

I really didn't know what a superstition was until one day when I was a kid, I was in the car with a friend of mine and her mother was driving. All of a sudden a black cat crossed in front of the car. She stopped the car at that moment in the middle of the road and backed up and went around the block to get back on course to where we were going. I asked my friend why did her mother do that and she looked at me like I was stupid and said, "A black cat crossed in front of the car!" I thought to myself, wtf does that have to do with anything but I didn't ask anymore questions. LOL, I just thought, "Man these ppl are weird!" Later I found out that her mom was superstitious and a black cat crossing in front of u was bad luck. Who knew!

No comments: