Sunday, August 15, 2010

Being An Adult is So Overated!

I know, isn't it? Yesterday, the shopping channel QVC was on in the background when my daughter came downstairs and sat in the chair across from me. I was busy working on the computer, not paying alot of attention to the tv. The financial guru, Suze Orman, was on there selling an item where you can have all your financial information in one place in some shiney case for some astronomical amount. Inside this indestructable case she was selling was some CD roms whereby u could make your own Will, Trust, Power of Attorney and a whole butt load of other things. Suze was explaining all this stuff and u know her mouth runs about 99 miles an hour. My daughter was looking at the program and then she said, "Mom do you really need all that stuff?" I said, "Well yes u do. Suze is right, you need a Will when you die and a Revocable Trust so the court and the govt won't take all your money when you die... and a Power of Attorney if you're in an accident and you can't speak for yourself so nobody won't take your money... and insurance so you don't go bankrupt paying your medical bill from the accident you just had.... and so on and so on. Pretty soon I was running off at the mouth trying to explain stuff to a 15 year old and talking like Suze Orman but at only 90 miles an hr. When I was through, my daughter says, "Man, being an adult sucks!" And I said, "yeah it does. Being an adult is so overrated! Let's go play some DDR."

No comments: