Sunday, January 02, 2011

Out With The Old and In With The New

Seriously, like video killed the radio star, digital cameras seem to have killed Kodachrome film. I just read an article:

Kodachrome is dead; Long Live Kodachrome

So should old film that you have to develop be soon forgotten and never brought to light (lol never brought to light -- film-- get it?). Idk, I'm an old skool chick. I always liked the old film and the old film process. They seemed to give photos such richness. Sure we can do all that stuff with Photoshop but there's nothing like the real thing (thank you Marvin and Tammi). But hey, it's called upgrading. "That item needs to be replaced. It's old." It's kinda sad that we sometimes seem to apply the same technique of upgrading inanimate objects to animate objects as well. I fully expect to one day be upgraded, laid by the wayside, by my new upgraded models, my kids.

No comments: