Monday, January 17, 2011

Has Dr. Martin Luther King's dream been realized?

America has a troubled past. Living in the North and the South as a child, I can tell you that equality is not the same in every part of the country. Dr. King had a dream 40+ years ago. He highlighted a number of things that were wrong with race relations during that time. We have come a long way, even in my lifetime. I was so moved and overhelmed by the election of Barack Obama as 44th president of the United States. Ten, even five years prior to his election, I would of NEVER even imagined such a thing.

So has Dr. King's dream been realized?

We HAVE come a long way. But then there are times when I hear, read and see some of the HATE in the world that I feel like we've got a long long way to go. Even with all that has been accomplished, we are only 1/4th of the way there...

I don't know if the dream will ever be fully realized.

No comments: