Monday, October 18, 2010

Obtuse

For your reading pleasure I'd like to share with you a little poem I wrote several years ago about a little bat encountered I had. I named the bat, Obtuse. Enjoy!

Obtuse, the Little Bat

obtuse
the little bat
who came to roost
outside my bedroom window
unaware
of all the havoc he caused
and how dare
he de-beautify my colonial-style home

peeking
out my window all day long
and seeking
a way I could remove him from the premises

obtuse and unaware
the little bat
is still there
even after a restless night on my posturepedic mattress

dreaming
YES! I dreamed the little bat bit me
and was scheming
to turn me into the obtuse creature he was

dismissing
the dream as an eerie reality
promising
this bat will be banished from my mind in the morning

So...

in the early morning

when everyone

had gone about their duties, I..

sprayed

the outside window frame with water
the bat's reaction, delayed
he flew, slowly meandering down to the ground

triumphant
in getting the bat from my window frame
I suddenly felt the want
to go shopping and buy my mind at ease

returning
I realized that the little bat was gone
and I was learning
that he was not a shrewd mammal like me

copyright © 2007 by Mari

http://www.prosepower.com/mypoetry/obtuse.html

No comments: