Sunday, September 11, 2011

On A Clear Day

On a clear day you can see everything
and it was a clear sunny day

So many smiles went up that day

(poem in progress)

My prayers go out to the victims and their families of the 9/11 terrorist attacks. I remember it being such a sunny beautiful day that day when I got to work. A friend of mine said a cousin called her and told her a plane had crashed into the WTC building. I told her, "That's impossible because you're not even suppose to fly over the towers." But it was true. And we watched everything on our tv's at work. Everything, even the second plane crashing into the second tower. It was too real. It was like we were watching a movie. It brought my mind back to 1995, when I sat at home with a new baby on maternity leave and watched coverage of a bombing that had just happened at the Murrah Building in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Ironically, I lived approximately 120-130 miles from the Okla City bombing on April 19th and on Sept 11, 2001, I lived approximately 145 miles from WTC attacks. What a small vivid world we live in.

No comments: